Saturday 5 October 2013

The Post that takes your money: Week six

Since I have now divided up the "Saturday Slate" into multiple posts about each individual game I need a new way to put all my picks into one neat little space where I can also keep track of record. My solution is this which I will run every Saturday morning and starting next week it will come with out this annoying little blurb at the top. Fun for all! I am trying to bounce back from last week after suffering my first losing record against the spread this season. But, I'm not off to a great start after I took the points and picked Utah to cover against UCLA on Thursday but the Bruins managed to do just enough to cover the six point spread. In case you missed any of the Pac-12 Jounrey articles here are my picks for this Saturday:

Washington State (-1.5) over California.

I feel like Cal can bounce back at home but their defense is just atrocious and Washington State knows this is one of the games they need to win if they are to reach six wins. The Cougars should be fired up for this one.

Oregon (-39) over Colorado.

Oregon has covered every spread so far this season and even with De'Anthony Thomas out I can't come up with any reason why Oregon can't score at least 50 while holding Colorado under 10.

Arizona State (-6) over Notre Dame.

Brain Kelly is 2-12 at Notre Dame when opponents score at least 21 points and there is no way ASU does not score at least three touchdowns. Notre Dame has a good defense but ASU presents far too many match up problems for the Irish and ND's offense simply doesn't have the talent to keep pace.

Stanford (-7.5) over Washington

Washington has not yet been tested by a physical set of linemen or a tough road environment and their first encounter with both of those things will expose some problems. Arizona proved teams can run up the middle on Washington last week and I expect Stanford to exploit that while mixing in some big plays off play action.

Last Week Against the Spread: 2-3

Last Week Straight Up: 5-0

This Season Against the Spread: 26-16 (including Thursday)

This Season Straight up: 37-5 (including Thursday)

No comments:

Post a Comment